Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Italian Elvis: Banana Nutella Muffins with Chocolate Chips



These muffins were an adventure.

First of all, this was the first muffin recipe that I've ever made form scratch.

Second, I had some banana issues. You really need nice ripe bananas for baking projects, but I let mine get too ripe and didn't want to poison anyone, so I had to get new ones. It's easy to spot a baker because s/he always digs around for the sketchy bananas and is disappointed when they're all pretty.


Unfortunately, these weren't in the produce basket at my community store.

Third, I'll be up-front with you and confess that I improvised a lot with these while I was mixing and measuring, so a few measurements are guesstimates. Anything with Nutella, bananas and chocolate chips will turn out delicious, though.

Now to the recipe! 


1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 oz. vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons milk
4 bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 oz. chocolate chips
A jar of 4 tablespoons Nutella

Beat together butter, sugar, eggs and milk. Add in the yogurt and milk and whisk together.




This reminded me of an inverse egg.



Asante sana, squash banana.

Mix the mashed bananas into the yogurt mixture.



Fold in your dry ingredients.


When it looks like this:

Add the Nutella.


When it's just incorporated, fold in the chocolate chips. Mix until everything is barely blended.


Deliciously unattractive
Spoon into a lined or greased cupcake pan.


Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.



They were very moist but still had that dense crumbliness that I wanted. I'd definitely make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment